Meet Brian Rzepczynski
Dating, Relationship, & Sex Expert
Author & Advice Columnist
As one of the leading love coaches for the gay community, licensed dating and relationship coach Dr. Brian Rzepczynski, DHS, MSW has over 18 years experience as a psychotherapist and life coach specializing in helping GLBT individuals and couples develop and maintain successful and fulfilling intimate relationships. He holds a doctorate degree in human sexuality from the Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality and a master’s degree in clinical social work from Western Michigan University. He also runs a successful private therapy practice, Personal Victory Counseling, Inc. and works as an adjunct faculty instructor for a major online university teaching graduate courses in counseling.
He launched his relationship coaching business, The Gay Love Coach: Man 4 Man Coaching Services, in 2003 and is co-author of the self-help book “A Guide to Getting It: Purpose & Passion”. His practical and helpful articles on gay dating, relationships, and sexuality have become popular reads all over the Web and he is a regular featured writer and advice columnist for multiple online and print gay magazines and publications. He is also a sought-after speaker and has a strong passion and advocacy for furthering gay rights and respect for diversity.
Brian holds memberships in the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Social Workers
- Academy of Certified Social Workers
- International Association of Coaches
- Relationship Coaching Institute
- The Gay Coaches Alliance
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors & Therapists
- The American College of Sexologists
In addition, Brian has been awarded the following certifications for specialized training and education:
- Certified Personal Life Coach through Coach Training Alliance
- Licensed Relationship Coach through Relationship Coaching Institute
- Certification in Clinical Treatment with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgendered Individuals and Their Families through the Chicago Training Collaborative
- Board Certified Sexologist through the American College of Sexologists
- Certified Anger Management Professional through The Anger Management Institute
- Grief Recovery Specialist through The Grief Recovery Institute®
- Career Development Facilitator certified through National Career Development Association
- Completed Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy through The Gottman Relationship Institute
A native of Kalamazoo, Michigan, Brian now lives in the Chicagoland area in Illinois with his partner of 13 years, Scott. When he’s not furthering his education in some way or engaging in writing projects, Brian’s non-professional pursuits include swimming, shopping, theatre, family and friends, outdoor fun, and definitely basking on the beach with margarita or martini in hand.